Wednesday, July 3, 2019

The Familiars by Stacey Halls


The Familiars by Stacey Halls

**** 4 stars

Review

I loved reading this book, as I live in Lancashire, the area was very familiar to me and the Pendle Witches have always fascinated me!

This story centres around Fleetwood Shuttleworth and Alice Grey.
Both are great characters and based on real people, but this story is fictional. And what a great story it is.
Based on the Pendle Witch trials and if a young gentry woman, trying her best to conceive to give her husband an heir.
The lengths that Fleetwood goes to, to help her friend Alice and to save her life is a pleasure to read and how Alice helps Fleetwood to become a mother are also fabulous reading.

A fantastic book that I would totally recommend!


No comments:

Post a Comment