Wednesday, July 31, 2019

My Year of Rest and Relaxation by Ottessa Moshfegh


My Year of Rest and Relaxation by Ottessa Moshfegh

**** 4 stars

Review

This was a very strange book about a young woman who plans to sleep for a year!

I did read until the end even though nothing much was happening, it did keep me interested because of how funny and sometimes how sad it made me feel for the main character. How her boyfriend treated her and how she treated other people, could be quite dark at times.
She just wants to get away from her life and try to start again when she eventually emerges from this year long sleep. She keeps herself medicated throughout and wakes only long enough to eat, drink and use the bathroom every few days.

A strange but interesting read!

No comments:

Post a Comment