Thursday, July 18, 2019

Autumn by Ali Smith


Autumn by Ali Smith

** 2 stars

Review

I have since discovered that Ali Smith seems to be a marmite author, you either love her or you don't. This was my first book by her so I am reserving judgement for now as I have a couple more on my book shelves.

This is the start of her seasonal series where she incorporates topical issues with her stories.
This one included a young girl and an old man who had known each other for years and as she visited him in the home he is in, it showed glimpses of their history together.

As you will be able to see from my 2 stars, unfortunately I didn't enjoy this book at all. I finished it because it was only a short book, but I had to make myself do that. I just didn't enjoy her writing style and grew bored of the story very quickly.
Sorry but I just cannot recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment