Tuesday, April 14, 2020

The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides



The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides

**** 4 stars

Review

After all of the hype surrounding this book, I felt I had to see for myself if it was as good as everyone thought it was!

Alicia hasn't spoken a word since the day she murdered her husband, she is currently in an institute called The Grove.
Theo is a therapist who is fascinated with the case of Alicia Berenson and he applies for a vacancy at The Grove to hopefully become her therapist in time. He feels that he is the only person that can get her to speak again and open up to him.

I felt that this was a little slow to start but then as it picked up speed I began to enjoy the twists and turns and I thought great this is going to be one hell of a story, but sadly I had figured out the ending about 3/4 of the way through and I was left disappointed.
It did not live up to the hype for me I am afraid, but was a good read never the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment