Tuesday, April 14, 2020

The Loss of Some Detail by Mandi Martin



The Loss of Some Detail by Mandi Martin

** 2 stars

Review

Not too sure what to say about this particular book, apart from I am glad it is finished.

James Grey attends to patients in an abandoned asylum. His day to day duties are to look after the patients whether docile or violent.
Strange things are happening to James, he is seeing things and forgetting things.
Is this situation all it seems or is there something else entirely going on here?

This was an arc copy for me to review with lots of errors in, so this didn't help.
The premise of the story could have been great, but sadly it just seemed to drag on with not a lot happening most of the time.
Sorry but for such a small book it took me an age to get through it. I just wasn't at all interested.
Not for me I am afraid.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say I disagree. I don't think it was meant to leap straight into the story, I found it just kept me wanting to read in. Had it moved faster the premise would have been ruined. Each to their own of course but I think you need to look at where it led, it was a man finding himself and it had to be slow. The settings and happenings hardly dragged either in my view, eerie and awesome.

    ReplyDelete