Monday, August 12, 2019

My Daughter's Wedding by Claire Baldry


My Daughter's Wedding by Claire Baldry

***** 5 stars!

Review

This was such a wonderful warm read.
The first part of the book was about Angie and Martin, who met at a family funeral. And shows how their relationship blossomed despite the obstacles they faced, and Angie's daughter's disapproval of her mother's behaviour at her age.
The second part was Carly's story, of her life in care and the abuse she suffered at the hands of her boyfriend.
The two stories come together in a beautiful ending which brought me to tears.

A well written story with vibrant characters who I loved and was completely invested in.
I love Claire's books as she writes about love in our mature years. Which also shows how second chance love is available to us all.
A 5 star read which I thoroughly recommend to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment